As we did after completing the Balkans, it is now time to share our top experiences across the magic Middle East Region (including the Caucasian countries).
1. HOT AIR BALLOON FLIGHT IN CAPPADOCIA (Turkey), unmissable!
2. FERRY BOAT ACROSS THE BOSPHORUS IN ISTANBUL (Turkey), to appreciate the majestic size and sides of the city.
3.VISIT & TREKKING AT DAVIT GAREJA MONASTERY (Georgia), for the stunningly verdant landscapes in the way from Tbilisi and the dramatic scenery around the monastery.
4. TRAVERTINE POOLS IN PAMUKKALE (Turkey), simply a natural artwork!
5. TBILISI (Georgia), for its mixed style between Europe and Asia;
6. DRIVING IN THE WILDERNESS IN Armenia, especially from Tatev to Kapan, really local road! Special mention also to Alaverdi, one of the most preserved soviet-style villages in the north of the country.
7. IRANIAN HOSPITALITY, truly unique!
8. HORMUZ ISLAND WITH THE MUSEUM AND GALLERY OF DR. AHMAN NADALIAN (Iran), a hidden but colourful part of Iran!
9. XINALIQ (Azerbaijan), with its pure, untouched lifestyle.
10. YAZD OLD CITY (Iran), with its mud houses and special badgirs.
11. HOLY SHRINE IN MASHAAD (Iran), a major pilgrimage centre for Shia Muslims.
12. BAKU (Azerbaijan), with its new, drifting trend pointing to Europe and his impressive and futuristic Heydar Aliyev Center.
13. EATING DIZZY IN TABRIZ BAZAAR (Iran), unbeatably local!
14. HITCHHIKING IN ALAMUT VALLEY (Iran), a plunge into the past!
15. TREKKING UNDER SNOW AND RAIN AROUND MESTIA (Georgia), a tough but invigorating experience!
16. GARNEH (Iran), an intact legacy of antiquity.
17. BATUMI (Georgia), with its vivid contrast between rural and modern.
18. TEHERAN (Iran), with its sparkling palaces and the taxi “adventures” in the bustling traffic (listening to the trend top songs as a “soundtrack”).
19. TREKKING ONE SECTION OF THE LICYAN WAY (Turkey), a challenging path along the south-eastern Turkish coast reproducing the old Roman steps.
20. MASJED-E NALSIR-AL-MOLK MOSQUE in Shiraz (Iran), with its brilliant, mesmeric reflections on the pillars at the sunrise.
Feel free to let us know your additional suggestions!